Friday, November 03, 2006
Not this one! Change it!
Just thought I'd post a story from the trip back before I forget it! All week long Josh and I were talking to Abby about how we were going to go back to the U.S. and see her grandma nana, her grandpa bapa, & her grandma and grandpa Hunt. So, the morning we left, we had to wake her up in order to leave on time - upon doing so we again said, "Good morning Abby. Guess where we are going today? Guess who we are going to see today?" To which she gets excited and says Nana, Bapa, Gwamma, Gwampa. Well, we do all of the things we need to do pre- boarding and we finally board the plane (sort of last - because I was waiting until the last possible minute to get on this plane we were going to spend the next 20 some hours on). We had a window seat in bulk head seating (I'm thrilled about this!) But Abby takes one look at the elderly woman (with white hair and a wheelchair) and she gets really upset , using her sign language for "change it" and "no no" then she started saying "Not this gwamma. . . change it. Not this one. " I just about died laughing! Well, first I assured her that this was not the gwamma we were going to see, and that it was ok. She could sit there on the plane with us. We looked at our picture book with pictures of both of her "gwamma's" to re assure her of who we were going to see. . .and then I died laughing! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Tammy!
I'm not sure if you use the staff email or not and wasn't sure how to contact you, but I knew this would be a sure bet! :) Just wanted to THANK YOU for being with us in the midst of this and for being on your knees on our behalf so very far away. I've been so blessed by your willingness to lift us up. Also, thank you so much for the flowers at Payton's service. They were beautiful, and I've dried one of them to keep. I'll keep this short. Email anytime if you'd like, I have a "uscm" account. Thank you and much love,
Heather
Oh, and I saw the pictures of Abby - Beautiful little girl! She's grown! :)
Great story...I can picture Lily doing the same thing. I (Josh) would probably be trying to get her to be quiet and Lindsey would be in the background laughing her head off like you, Tammy. Always fun surprises with those little ones!! Hope you guys are well...we miss you!
Heather, I will try to email your account too but I have been unable to access my blog for a few weeks - weird. But, I just want to say. . . it has been a tremendous privilege and honor to pray for Payton and for both of you. No need to thank us - we've been blessed. I am SO glad that you enjoyed the flowers. It was the only tangible symbol we could think of to let you know how much we are rejoicing and mourning with you. We love you both and continue to lift you up in prayer! :) much love,Tam
Post a Comment