Monday, October 30, 2006
The Fastest Week of My Life
The week just whirled by! Darrell and Erin looked SO SO SO happy! Their pastors message on 1 Corinthians was inspiring and FABULOUS!! Seeing them get married made me miss Josh SO much though! I can't believe that I'm hours away from departing the good 'ol U.S. of A. and heading back East! We've had great time with both sets of grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles and extended relatives too! The hard part about this trip back is all of the good byes that we have to say. I am (and Abby is also) looking SO forward to seeing Josh though!! I'll post pics when I get back home and have access to my camera docking station, etc. :) On the way here I did not get a starbucks coffee but I did get a Caribu mint condition at the Minneapolis airport once we made it through the mess of customs and I'm planning on another one when we hit the Minneapolis airport tomorrow morning! :) They are nummy and I can't get them where I live in Asia! :) If you read this before we've landed Thursday morning (states time- Wednesday afternoon - asia time) please pray Abby and I would be well physically. We've both been not feeling so great. Abby had a 104 fever last night, etc. I've just been queasy and other tummy issues. . . with a low grade fever this morning. Pray also that we'd have a steward(ess) that is sympathetic to parents traveling with toddlers, and that Abby and I could both sleep on the planes! 3 different planes, 20 some hours later and a 14 hour time difference to tackle in the next 24 hours - 'nuff said. :) just pray for us. :) bon voyage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
When I took the kids back this summer, it was probably a good thing that Erik was waiting for us back here because it was really tempting to stay! It was hard to be without him, but so good to come back to him. Glad you had a good time!
I can relate to that FOR SURE! I don't think I ever want to be away from him for that long unless absolutely necessary. . . but it truly was a good thing Josh was waiting here for us to come back. The goodbyes get more and more painful. Rachel (Abby's cousin) and Abby were joined at the hip the entire time we were home and there were tears. . . tears. . . and more tears when we left. Abby kept saying, "Rachel come too? Rachel with?" and when I would try to explain why she couldn't, Abby would cry and cry and repeat "Rachel come too?" HARD!!!! Hard!! and Hard!!! God is good to provide for us here close friends though - so we are thanking him daily for those he has chosen to bring into our lives right where we live. :)
Post a Comment