Saturday, October 21, 2006

Less than 24 hours

In less than 24 hours I am embarking on a journey back to the U.S. for my brothers wedding. It will be a different kind of journey because I haven't done this kind of traveling without Josh in almost 6 years. . . and I definitely haven't had to do this kind of traveling with Abby but without Josh ever. . . I don't know quite what to expect and I 'm really pretty nervous about it. All of the "what if" questions have been plaguing me this last week. "What if I have to go to the bathroom and Abby is sleeping?" "What if I have to go to the bathroom and Abby isn't sleeping?" - surely the bathroom isn't big enough for an almost 2 year old and me too! "What if she screams for the entire 20-some hour flight?" "What if I scream for the 20-some hour flight?" How will I take care of Abby and all of our luggage, filling out paper work, customs, etc, etc, etc. I know . . . I know. . . you are saying "Chill out. Take it as it comes." I certainly can do that - but I can't stop my mind from worrying a little bit and trying to work out the potential problems before they happen. I think it's just a mom's instinct (maybe just a woman's instinct) to try to anticipate tough situations and how to handle them and ease the stress of them before they come. Anyway. . . I am going to stop writing about all of my "concerns" and pack my bags to go - because I'm also worried that I won't be ready to go. . . that I'll oversleep. . . that Starbucks won't be open and I won't get a cup of starbucks at the airport before we take off. . . ahh! To pack my bags before I go and try to solve the starbucks problem too! :) Happy trails!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi honey! I am writing this and can't help thinking how much I will miss you and Abby while you are away. I honestly feel like part of me will be gone. It will be so different without you two here. The highlight of every day (aside from spending time eith the Lord) is getting to spend time with you and Abby. You are the sweetest wife and most wonderful thoughtful friend I could ever ask for. This will be our longest time apart in our marriage and my longest time away from Abby too. I really pray you have a great time with family and going to Darrell and Erin's wedding. You will constantly be in my thoughts and prayers and I can't wait until the day you come! :) Love, Josh