Sunday, February 11, 2007

The baby's singing!

Well, we found out about a month ago that we are expecting baby #2 in September! Of course we are absolutely thrilled and absolutely terrified all at the same time. I think the change from one child to two will be a much bigger change for both of us - although we have chosen it willingly. . . we didn't choose it without knowing that there will be days and seasons where it won't be easy. :) So, we'll fill you in on our journey of emotional ups and downs as we go. :) We've told Abby that there is a xiao mei mei or xiao di di (little sister or little brother for non Chinese speakers) growing in mommy's tummy and he/she is tiny, tiny, tiny right now (about the size of a lima bean I think). But that when this baby gets bigger and bigger and bigger. . . we'll get to meet him or her. She remembers every night to pray for the little baby and tonight she was cuddling into me in the rocking chair, we were saying our goodnight prayers before I put her into her bed and she stopped and said. . . "mommy, what's that?" I said what? honey? because I didn't hear anything. She put her head back to my body to listen and she comes up "That's the baby singing mommy! baby's singing!" I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was probably just the tons of pregnancy gas running around in my tummy - it sure made me smile thinking that she thought she was bonding with her new brother or sister! :) I'll write again soon and fill you in on the exhaustion and morning sickness (or evening sickness in my situation) sometime when I have the energy to do so! :) But for now, this pregnant, exhausted mommy is going to bed! :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on number two. That's so fun!

Gina Marie said...

Yay! I was wondering about that but didn't want to ask of course. :) Congratulations Tammy and Josh!

Anonymous said...

It's not easy to bring up 2 kids.

I will pray for you.

Good luck!

House of Chang said...

Congratulations! Two kids at once is definitely a challenge, but 100% worth it! You have the advantage of experience with a baby this time around. One of the greatest joys of having two kids is watching them interact and bond with each other (which you're already finding out)! Congrats again!!!

said...

abby is so cute!!!!!
exhausted mommy,i will pray for you
caihong

Anonymous said...

Congrats again!
You are the sweetest couple in my eye!
I love you and surely I will pray for you.

The Kilps Family said...

Wow! Congratulations on your pregnancy - such exciting news! Abby sounds like she is going to be such a loving big sister! I pray that your sickness and exhaustion is minimal and that your pregnancy is smooth and uneventful.

Love,
Karen Kilps

Gina Marie said...

Tammy - we finally got our Canon! I posted some pics on my blog if you haven't checked there in awhile. I need a refresher course on how to use this baby. I'll add that to my mile long to do list.

Anonymous said...

Tammy - how wonderful! Babies are truly a delightful blessing from the Lord:-) And the singing moment is so precious - thanks for sharing it.

I think the pictures of the wedding you posted are incredible! You are a gifted photographer.

Gina Marie said...

Tammy,

Just saw your comment on my blog. Hope we can get together some time and swap trade secrets. :) We may be up in BJ some time in May. Will you be around? I keep having to die to the dream that somehow we could finagle our way back onto the new team. I'll have to settle for side trips. You and Josh should come down to Singapore some time - it makes Thailand look like a slum.

chinatammy said...

Gina- our computer and email has been out for going on 2 weeks!!! SO sad!!! I got your email 2 weeks ago and really want to talk sometime soon! When I heard about the move I thought that meant you guys too and was SO disappointed to find out that it wasn't! :( There is a good chance we will be here in May - that would be GREAT!! We are coaching X-track this summer so we'll be going home sometime before June 3rd. . . although not sure exactly when yet. I'll write more personal when our email is up and running> :)