Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cute things!

Abby has been quite the cutie lately as she is trying to figure "life" out. My friend Holly dropped by last week with their 3 month old cutie pie Emily and in the time she was here she needed to nurse Emily. This is not the first time Abby saw a mommy nursing her baby but because it was a quiet environment and she feels pretty comfortable with Holly she asked lots of questions. Well, that night Abby was playing in the bath tub and has a little "Dora" doll that she likes to play with in the tub (Thanks Dana and Tammy!) She starts holding it up to her chest and looks at me matter of factly and says. . ."I'm nursing Dora. She's drinking milk. . She's SO hungry!" then she switched her to the other side and started making "drinking noises" as she said. . . "good job Dora! You are SO hungry!" I found it SO cute!

Abby has also been really into engaging me in conversation. She'll come up to me when I'm busy doing something around the house and ask for my attention. She'll take her little hand and put it on my face and turn my face to look her directly in the eyes and she'll say. . . "Mommy, how are you today?" Her other favorite thing to do is say. . . "Mommy, I have a secret." Then she'll whisper to me "I love you SOOOO much!" or my other all time favorite is "Mommy, you are SO beautiful!" Then, I'll tell her the same secret back into her ear and she gets all giggly and she will snuggle with me. Warm fuzzies all around!

3 comments:

lychee said...

which means I cannot see you guys when I'm back?

Gina Marie said...

Megan's latest fun phrase is, "For real?" Like when I was telling her the other night that she is God's little treasure, she looked at me with this shy little grin and said, "For real?" then later, "For really real?"

It's the little joys that make it so much fun.

Gina Marie said...

And then there's Ethan, who came to me at the computer the other day and asked, "What the h***'s going on here?" in a very friendly way. I asked him where he learned that and he said, "Oh everywhere. Movies and stuff." What?!? The only thing I can figure is that he got it from Night at the Museum. They really do repeat what they hear.