Wednesday, September 27, 2006

boppin' him on the head

I've been teaching a pseudo pre school time for 2 hours every Wednesday morning at my house. There are 10 kids that are participating and 3 mom helpers (and me) and it's been a lot of fun! It has taken me a little bit of time to figure out what system works best for this group of kids but it's been fun figuring it out. We do free play, story time, craft time, snack time, & circle time using a parachute. It really has been a lot of fun so far. There are hilarious moments though that I am SO thankful for other adults in the room to laugh with about it. Last week, I was in the middle of story time and talking about how BIG God is and how strong HE is, etc. and I looked over just in time to see one of the boys with another kid in a head lock. I had a few kids on my lap at the time and calmly asked the mom helper for the day if she could please release "so and so" from the head lock. . . she did so and we shook our heads both trying to keep the laughter from escaping! Today. . . the kids requested the "naughty bunny" song. I have been using a pink bunny puppet and singing "Little bunny foo foo" but I have changed the words to the good aiyi comes in and says that if he doesn't change he has to sit on the naughty matt. Well, in the middle of the song Simeon, one of the boys, asked me in complete seriousness "Mrs. Tammy. . .did bunny foo foo cry when the aiyi bopped him on the head?" I think all of us adults in the room let a giggle out before I explained to him that the aiyi certainly did not bop him on the head. :) TOO funny!!! Oh. . . the things they say!

No comments: