Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Time for Bible Study Chang Jing Lu!
Abby has really grown in leaps and bounds in independent play over the last several weeks. This is what I heard coming from her room last week. "okay. . . bunny. . . are you ready for Bible study? . . . okay chang jing lu (the Chinese word for giraffe) are you ready for Bible study? time for Bible study chicken. . ." (and the list of animals went on and on) So, being the curious parent that I am, I snuck up to the edge of the door without her hearing me so that I cold get a peak at what was going on in there. And low and behold Abby had lined up all of her "Little People" farm and zoo animals in her Little People barn (a 2 story - play thingy) The small animals on the top floor and the larger animals (like the Chang jing lu and elephant) on the bottom level. . . apparently they were having a Zoo/Farm animal Bible study that afternoon. I went for the camera but she heard me before I came back and the moment was gone. . . I'll try next time to catch it on film so you can enjoy the "scene" with me. Who would've known how spiritual elephants and giraffes were huh? I guess the Bible does say that if we hold silent. . . even the rocks will cry out. and that all of creation will declare his praises. Somehow, I don't think that this was what the Bible was referring to. . . but that's okay - it was very sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It's so sweet! Abby is really a creative and funny girl, and you too!
I love it! What a precious picture. Thanks for sharing it with us, even without the film.
Today, as my older daughter played with a doll that my younger daughter had given her for Christmas, I informed her that Mommy and Daddy had given that doll to her little sister when she turned 3 - that it was her very first doll. Later that day she shared with me that "God told me to give the doll back to Beka". She also shared that she didn't want to give it back because all of her doll clothes fit that doll. Yet she felt that God wanted her to give the doll back because it was something special she had given away, and she hadn't realized it was so special. I was very blessed that she was listening, and obeyed Him :-).
That makes me sad that my kids aren't learning Chinese! We've been working on it a little these few weeks because we're studying it in homeschool, but it's hard when the felt need isn't there. If we ever move back my kids will have a rude awakening.
Post a Comment