Saturday, May 28, 2005

Guys bonding at it's best

Well, several of our family members here have returned back to the U.S. for the year. Very sad for us! But, there are still 5 of us here and we are continuing to move forward so that's a good thing. This last weekend Josh participated in a guys bonding weekend with some other men in the city of various ethnic backgrounds. They boarded a bus and drove for a LONG time to get to the Great Wall. Then upon getting there, they hiked for awhile before setting up camp on the great wall. They cooked hotdogs and baked beans in cans over a fire and had good old fashioned male bonding on the Great Wall of all places! They spent the next day climbing around and enjoying the physical activity of climbing and some even repelling off of the great wall. It was hard to be separated from Josh for the weekend, but it was SO worth it for him to have such a blast with other guys! He came back refreshed and energized after such a great weekend!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Tammy~

I remeber you from before you were married. You gave a talk at crusade about the boundries you and Josh established, and no matter how many times you said this was the best choices for your relationship. Students still took it as an attack on their dating lives.
Kel and I set up some good boundaries because of that talk. We would not Kiss after 8:00, and we tried to never be alone after 10:30. However if my secular family members it didn't really help us much.
I know that this post is off topic, but I was wondering as a new mom do you find yourself vailidating your actions through outside sources. By this I mean. I was spending time with this woman who kept saying "what a lovely baby...its too bad she doesn't get enought to eat." I ignored her the first time, but she said it three more times. I kept responding by saying "The doctor says..." I find I'm doing that all the time espcically to my folks. Well the doctor said, or the book said. Its a good thing I'm a reader, and a listener. I think its because I look young. New security gaurds always ask me for a hall pass. So do you find yourself doing the same when challenged on a parenting technique?