Sunday, October 09, 2005

Finally back on-line to blog!!

We've been blocked out of our own blog site FOREVER! Every time we would try to log on our site we had an error page pop up so we've not been able to blog for a long, long time. We've got stories to tell and pictures to catch you up on. I am really looking forward to adding some new posts to our site!

We've arrived back in Asia and went through jet lag, settling into our apartment, settling into a routine and adjusting to a very mobile baby. She's crawling and cruising furniture and at times even lets go of the furntiture to stand (freestyle) for 2-3 seconds before sitting back down again or cruising along the couch some more.

It's been a fun season of life for Josh and I. We've been married for 4 1/2 years now and there are still days when he can make my heart skip a beat just by looking at me a certain way. I feel like we are enjoying our marriage and enjoying being parents 110%. That doesn't mean that we don't have hard days when one of us is less than spirit filled. . . but those days are fewer and fewer and we are (in my opinion) really enjoying the blessing of marriage and parenthood that we've been given. (sleep deprived and everything).

There's a song by Chris Tomlin that has influenced my thinking and my enjoyment of life a lot these days. The lyrics are something like "I wanna live like there's no tomorrow. I wanna dance like no one's around. I wanna sing like nobody's listening, before I lay my body down. I wanna give.. . like I have plenty. I wanna love like I'm not afraid. I wanna be the man I was meant to be. I wanna be the way I was made." Really, it's a song about living for eternity and not for "self" and it's been a GREAT reminder to me in the nitty gritty of marriage and life. . . that I want to live for eternity and to love my husband and my baby and my family and friends with out fear or ulterior motives. . . I want to love them as the Lord would want me to and to forgive quickly when necessary, to make things right as soon as I realize that they have gone astray. . . anyway. . . not any new rocketscience discoveries for a Christian but the lyrics of that song have encouraged me to do what the Bible has encouraged us to do for ages. . . to live for eternity. Anyway, that's what I am learning on a personal level and I feel like I am experiencing the fruit of it in my personal life (with Josh and with other friends). It's been a sweet season of meeting with God and experiencing the joy of intimacy with Him.

5 comments:

Gina Marie said...

I've been wanting to get some Chris Tomlin - that sounds like a great song! What CD is it on?

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back! I very much enjoy your updates via blog. Every week I have been clicking on your site only to be disappointed, and I feared that you had abandoned it.

God is so good to have given you such a fantastic attitude! Looking forward to more posts...

Liz said...

You're back on! Glad to see you had success in getting on to blog! I always enjoy the entries! Keep sendin those pics too! :0)
Love and miss you all!
~Liz
Tam..I got your e-mail. . . I'll give you a call soon.

House of Chang said...

So glad you're back on-line! It's great to read about what's happening in your lives. We don't have any kids' pictures to post on our blog, but you can see the other ways God has blessed us! Thanks for keeping us updated!

chinatammy said...

Hey Gina, It's on Chris Tomlin's cd entitled "Arriving". It's my new favorite cd. There's not a song on it that I don't really enjoy. I highly recommend it! :)